Faro® Design ScanArm
Turnkey 3D Scan-to-CAD Solution for Product Development
High-Resolution ScanArm for Reverse Engineering and CAD-Based Design
FARO® Design ScanArm is a portable 3D scanning solution tailored for 3D modeling, reverse engineering, and CAD-based design applications across the product lifecycle management (PLM) process.
The FARO Design ScanArm features optically-superior blue laser technology with fast scanning speed to deliver high-resolution point cloud data and the ability to seamlessly scan challenging materials without the need for spray or targets. The device is lightweight and maneuverable for convenient desktop mounting in the design studio or engineering lab and features a simplified user interface that makes it easy to operate regardless of skill level or 3D scanning experience.
The FARO Design ScanArm is the ideal 3D scanning solution for any organization that may have the need to manufacture parts without existing CAD models, develop aftermarket products that need to fit tightly with existing products, reverse engineer legacy parts for design changes or replacement, create digital libraries to decrease inventory and warehouse costs, design aesthetically pleasing, freeform surfaces, or leverage the power of rapid prototyping.
Features & Benefits
- Features optically-superior blue laser technology to capture highly-detailed and noise-free scan data
Rapid Scanning Speed
- An extra wide scan stripe and fast frame rate provides expanded laser coverage for fast point cloud capture
Lightweight and Maneuverable
- Built for convenient desktop use in the design studio or engineering lab
No Targets or Spray Required
- Advanced software algorithms enable seamless scanning across challenging materials regardless of contrast, reflectivity, or geometric complexity
Hard Probing Capabilities
- Utilize both high-resolution 3D scanning and high-precision probing of basic geometry
- The Design ScanArm is the ideal solution for any organization that may have the need to manufacture parts without existing CAD models, develop aftermarket products that need to fit tightly with existing products, reverse engineer legacy parts for design changes or replacement, create digital libraries to decrease inventory and warehouse costs, design aesthetically pleasing, freeform surfaces, or leverage the power of rapid prototyping.
- Quickly digitize legacy parts to support design changes, replacements, incorporation into new designs, or to perform competitive analysis
- Create manufacturing-ready CAD files for parts that broken, lost, or unavailable.
- Quickly and accurately scan OEM parts enabling the efficient design of aftermarket products in CAD based directly on the geometry of the mating part
Modification of Production Tooling
- Capture the as-built condition of complex tools and molds in order to update the tooling to support a new model or variant or to reproduce or move the assembly line.
Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO)
- Conduct wear and tear analysis and create as-built documentation on parts and tooling prior to maintenance efforts and create custom fit replacements for critical repairs.
Digital Archiving and Engineering Documentation
- Create digital libraries to decrease inventory and warehouse costs that can be reproduced as needed in the future.
Industrial Design / Clay Modeling
- Easily digitize complex, organic, challenging shapes for quick iterations to design aesthetically pleasing and functional freeform surfaces
3D Printing / Rapid Prototyping
- 3D scan data can be easily produce a watertight, 3D printable mesh or a scale model to feed directly into a 3D printer